NEED A BOOST ??
Here are 10 things you can do today to boost your immune system:
● Practice good hygiene. Of course, hand washing is a key to stopping the spread of bacteria and viruses. The CDC recommends scrubbing your hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water. Some less obvious good hygiene practices include replacing your toothbrush, washing your pillowcases and sanitizing your phone.
● Mineralize your water. It’s important to stay hydrated on any day, but especially during cold and flu season. We recommend no less than 48-60 oz. of clean water per day OR 50% of your body weight in ounces!
● Your body also needs minerals. By adding pH Concentrated Minerals, you get a daily dose of absorbable minerals necessary for an optimally functioning immune system.
● Cut out sugar. Sugar is one of the most inflammatory and immune-suppressing foods. While it can be a challenge, do your very best to avoid sugar in all of its processed forms.
● Eat more onions and garlic. Did you know that onions and garlic are naturally anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral? Same goes for other leeks, scallions, chives and shallots. Increasing intake of these white, pungent vegetables can help you fight infection and strengthen your respiratory system.
● Take immune supportive supplements. During an active infection, your body needs extra support outside of healthy lifestyle habits. Immune supportive supplements, such as vitamin C, vitamin D, echinacea, elderberry, colloidal silver and many others, can help prevent and fight infection.
● Move your body. Your body’s lymph system is the central part of your immune system. One of the best ways to stimulate the lymph system is to move your body. A minimum of 30 minutes per day of moderate exercise (walking, yoga, stretching), is a great start. Activities that involve jumping are particularly helpful (jumping on a trampoline or jumping jacks, for example), but any movement that gets your heart rate up is beneficial.
● Get adequate sleep. There is a reason why you sleep more when you’re sick. During sleep, your body has a chance to repair and regenerate tissues. Rather than spending energy on waking activities like working and eating, during sleep, that energy can go towards fighting the infection. If
you struggle getting a full night’s sleep (preferably 8-9 hours for adults), schedule time to connect with your practitioner about the SHAPE Program to help address the underlying cause of the sleep problems.
● Enjoy stress-reducing activities. Stress can negatively impact your immune system and make it harder to fight infection. It is more important now than ever to do everything you can to eliminate unnecessary stress. Whether that’s reading a book, meditating, playing a game with your family or doing nothing at all, give yourself permission to relax. You may also consider adding MOOD Balance, an emotional support supplement that will help your body adapt better to stress.
● Take the SHAPE Drops. The SHAPE Drops provide natural, whole-body support and contain several immune-enhancing ingredients. Taking the drops just once a day can also help reduce inflammation and support your detoxification system, both of which directly impact your immune system.
● Do the SHAPE Program. The SHAPE Program combines most of the items on this list: It promotes adequate water intake, eliminates sugar, includes immune-enhancing foods and includes the SHAPE Drops, all in one simple program. In addition to giving your immune system a major boost, the SHAPE Program detoxes and cleanses, reduces inflammation and helps release excess/toxic weight.